Merry Christmas everyone.
I'm off traveling around Australia for a while, so I'll see you around here and there, until things settle back to normal in the new year.
All the best to you. Stay safe during the holidays.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Merry Christmas everyone.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
I've just added a poll to the right there, called Bloggers - where are you from?
This is only for the Eve bloggers.
Please select your region and Vote. You have less than a week to vote, and the results will be displayed as a blog post, with the poll then being removed.
I think it would be a great idea to get to know where in this world the Eve bloggers are from.
If you're not an Eve blogger, please do not vote. I'll put up a poll for you after this one!
Update: If you would like your country counted, please add it in a comment. My apologies for not being able to list all countries!
In the game there is the EVE-BLOGGERS channel, which has an average of 7 people in it at any one time. These are mostly bloggers.
But since there are over 130 bloggers in the Eve blogosphere, I wonder where they are when they get in-game?
I know there are lots of different corp/alliance/chat channels that are frequented by them, but if we can all try to get into the one channel and get to know one another, we can really work on building a strong community.
So I look forward to seeing as many of you in there as we can get. :)
Friday, December 19, 2008
After hearing all about the mighty Kestrel's wonderful missile capabilities, I thought I'd give it a go. I'm specialised in missile warfare (as specialised as a brand new clone can be, of course), so I figured it could be a good thing.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I was hunting for rats in highsec. You don't do much else when you're only a few days old. As I warped into the belt, I saw a yellow Thrasher sitting there. I moved towards him while doing a background check on him, and saw that he was only a few months old. He was -3 and had a bounty on his head, so he'd been busy.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
- Link to the original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share 7 facts about myself in the post - some random, some weird.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.
- I used to be an atheist until about 17 years ago, when I had experiences that didn’t make sense if there was nothing beyond this physical experience. I had to change my beliefs to fit my experiences.
- I’m an INTP, which means I’m Introverted, iNtuitive, Thoughtful, Perceptive. I used to be an INFP. It means that I’ve changed from a Feeling person to a Thoughtful person. Someone told me that it means I’ve matured. I like that.
- I wish people had the moral qualities of those in Star Trek: The Next Generation. We’d be much happier. I love Star Trek, and think Picard is The Man.
- I once had an affair with a married woman (I was single at the time). She introduced me to the family as a long lost cousin. Her husband lent me their second car. I drove it for about 8 months. He never knew the truth.
- I’ve done a lot of different jobs in my life. I can’t remember all of them. I’m sad that I’ve done so many different things that I can't remember.
- I’ve lived in two countries, Australia and New Zealand. I feel I can live anywhere. I’m one of the 'elite' of this world, one of those rare people who can travel and live outside of their home town, even of their home country.
- I've been keeping a journal since 1985. I've been blogging in various forms since 1998, back when blogs didn't exist. I think I'm one of the oldest 'online journalers' on the internet today. But I'm not famous, so it doesn't matter.
- Bruce Springsteen's Born In the USA album is the only music that changed my life, resulting in me owning every album Springsteen has ever produced, and seeing him in concert in 2003, standing on the front line in front of the stage. That was an experience!
- I have difficulties letting go of my expectation that people will choose good things for their world. They don’t. It frustrates me. I need to let go of this.
- I enjoy looking at beautiful women. I’m a man, it’s what we do. However, I find it horribly disturbing when, from a distance, I spot a beautiful, sexy woman approaching, only to discover when she’s nearer that she’s actually about 12. What’s the world coming to?
- I used to be a Microsoft Windows enthusiast. And then along came Vista. It’s illegal to kill, so I bought a Mac instead. Now I love my MacBook Pro. I don’t know why I didn’t turn to the dark side sooner.
- I stole a packet of chewing gum one day from a store I worked at when I was 15. I was alone, sweeping up. No one was around. I stole the gum. I felt so bad that I returned it to the box I took it from, unopened. I’ve never stolen anything since.
- I’ve seen and talked to angels. I’ve challenged and beaten demons. I’ve channeled the messages of spirits. I’ve seen people’s past and futures that came true. I’ve turned skeptics into believers. I’m different.
- I am Australian, and proud to be an Aussie.