Wednesday, December 17, 2008

14 Facts About Me

I've been tagged with the '7 things about me' meme that's going the rounds at the moment by Sard Caid, Wensley, and a whole bunch of others....

The Rules
  • Link to the original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
  • Share 7 facts about myself in the post - some random, some weird.
  • Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
  • Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.
But the problem is, I have more than 7 things that I want to share... so I take your 7, and I raise it 7! 

14 Facts About Me
  1. I used to be an atheist until about 17 years ago, when I had experiences that didn’t make sense if there was nothing beyond this physical experience. I had to change my beliefs to fit my experiences.
  2. I’m an INTP, which means I’m Introverted, iNtuitive, Thoughtful, Perceptive. I used to be an INFP. It means that I’ve changed from a Feeling person to a Thoughtful person. Someone told me that it means I’ve matured. I like that.
  3. I wish people had the moral qualities of those in Star Trek: The Next Generation. We’d be much happier. I love Star Trek, and think Picard is The Man.
  4. I once had an affair with a married woman (I was single at the time). She introduced me to the family as a long lost cousin. Her husband lent me their second car. I drove it for about 8 months. He never knew the truth.
  5. I’ve done a lot of different jobs in my life. I can’t remember all of them. I’m sad that I’ve done so many different things that I can't remember.
  6. I’ve lived in two countries, Australia and New Zealand. I feel I can live anywhere. I’m one of the 'elite' of this world, one of those rare people who can travel and live outside of their home town, even of their home country.
  7. I've been keeping a journal since 1985. I've been blogging in various forms since 1998, back when blogs didn't exist. I think I'm one of the oldest 'online journalers' on the internet today. But I'm not famous, so it doesn't matter.
  8. Bruce Springsteen's Born In the USA album is the only music that changed my life, resulting in me owning every album Springsteen has ever produced, and seeing him in concert in 2003, standing on the front line in front of the stage. That was an experience!
  9. I have difficulties letting go of my expectation that people will choose good things for their world. They don’t. It frustrates me. I need to let go of this.
  10. I enjoy looking at beautiful women. I’m a man, it’s what we do. However, I find it horribly disturbing when, from a distance, I spot a beautiful, sexy woman approaching, only to discover when she’s nearer that she’s actually about 12. What’s the world coming to?
  11. I used to be a Microsoft Windows enthusiast. And then along came Vista. It’s illegal to kill, so I bought a Mac instead. Now I love my MacBook Pro. I don’t know why I didn’t turn to the dark side sooner.
  12. I stole a packet of chewing gum one day from a store I worked at when I was 15. I was alone, sweeping up. No one was around. I stole the gum. I felt so bad that I returned it to the box I took it from, unopened. I’ve never stolen anything since.
  13. I’ve seen and talked to angels. I’ve challenged and beaten demons. I’ve channeled the messages of spirits. I’ve seen people’s past and futures that came true. I’ve turned skeptics into believers. I’m different.
  14. I am Australian, and proud to be an Aussie.
The Tags

I tag the below (forgive me if you've been tagged already). No, you don't need to do 14 of your own, I just wanted to share more than 7...
  1. Shirrath
  2. Jenni Concarnadine
  3. Manasi
  4. Hallan Turrek
  5. Letrange
  6. Ulfskein Gangr
  7. Shae Tiann
I'd love to tag everyone! So if you want to join in on this meme, just link back to me and go for it!

(If you're really keen, you can read 100 things about me from my personal blog.)

10 comments:

  1. Ok, I find many of these facts fascinating. Especially #3 contrasted with #4! And...from the perspective of a skeptic...#1 and #13.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe. Life is full of contrasts, contradictions, and growth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu and I are similar and different. I like you. You're cool..
    1, 3, 9, 10 , 13 all plus 1 for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm honored you tagged me :)
    I'm an ENTJ
    I stole a little lego man from a retail store and that was the first and last time EVER
    Keep up the blogging! LOL as if you needed encourgaement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tag reply posted.

    I'm interested in your #11 -- my current boss is also heavily pro-Mac (we use MS at work -- he swears a lot at it). But over here they *cost* so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jenni Concarnadine if you want to talk to me about Macs, contact me at alanzeyes at gmail dot com. Which country are you in where they cost so much more?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great blog and facinating facts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting. Maybe we should have all done 14 instead of the 7! It's a great way to get to know each other!

    ReplyDelete